To celebrate the entrance of this new year (yay) I decided create this blog to share some of my recipes and the chosen to be tha first was this apple tarte. In fact, this blog represents a large set of tests (about food and specially about how I arrange my time) cause I just have no studies in area except for my curiosity since I became vegan.
For this recipe, I used organic mini apples, they arent as sweet as non-organic ones and this fact blinds the final result. Is very important to say that I bought the pasta (ready for use) in the supermarket (i really dont need recreate the wheel for now ((:
- 03 small apples in slices
- 01 vegan puff pastry
- ¼ tsp. cornstarch
- 2 cup non sugar nut milk
- 01 cup sugar
- 170g whipped cream
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- Put the puff pastry in a round shape and line the whole pasta including the sides.
- For the cornstarch cream, in a small saucepan, add the milk, cornstarch, salt and sugar, bring to the fire until it turns cream. Let it cool.
- Then add the whipped cream to the already cold cream and mix well with a fuet until it turns creammmy. Put this cream on top of the puff pastry.
- Put the apple slices and swab with some jam (optional). Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar.
- Preheat oven to 200°C for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Serve it (: