With few ingredients you can prepare this delicious and colorful pumpkin risotto. The white wine gives a special and sophisticated flavor to the recipe; with the essence of ginger, you will get a perfect blend for a comfy and delightful home made (and easy) dinner.
- 600g pumpkin (peeled and cubes)
- 02 small onions (cubes)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tbls sugar (or apple, or dates)
- 2cm piece ginger
- 200g arborio rice
- 140ml white wine
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Pepper, salt, fresh mushrooms, leek or basil to garnish
- Lay the pieces of pumpkin in a form and season it with the oil, salta and pepper, roasting for 25 minutes or until it golden. Reserve it.
- In a saucepan, add the onion and ginger, stiring for few minutes. Add the sugar (I used ½ apple) and, then, the rice and wine cooking for five more minutes (or until the wine absorbed).
- Process the pumpkins with lemon juice until obtain a cream consistency and then, add it.
- Add water gradually until the rice was cooked, correcting the salt and seasoning with pepper.
- The risotto will be ready when the rice was soft. Serve it with mushrooms, leek or basil - I used lentil sprouts too (: