Jackfruit is a key ingredient in the kitchen. I discovered this recently: you can use it raw or not, to make desserts or salty recipes, take the all the fruit and even the seeds. The taste is a little sweet and this is great because it can be used in the preparation of dishes like moqueca (stew), which require a sweet touch. For this recipe, I choose put together jackfruit and other amazing ingredients to make a delicious pastry pie. I hope you enjoy it as much as me!
- 1 box frozen puff pastry
- ¼ green jackfruit
- 02 peppers (one red, another yellow)
- 03 tomatoes
- 01 big onion
- A little bit of parsley
- Olive oil
- 06 tbsp. shoyu sauce
- Start puting the jackfruit on a pressure cooker for about 30 minutes or until softened. Drain the water, pass the jackfruit n the cold water. Expect to cool slightly and shred it with a knife.
- In a frying pan with oil, saute the onion and the peppers. Add the jackfruit and finally the tomatoes. Add the shoyu and then, the salt, if it needed. Stir for about 10 minutes over low heat.
- Chop the parsley and add it before turn off the fire.
- Cover the bottom of a greased baking sheet. Add the filling and cover with another layer of dough.
- Brush the tops of the pastry pies with ketchup.
- Bake the pastry pies for ~30 minutes, or until the tops are golden.